Updated: Jul 6
Videos are a powerful tool in marketing and creating brand identity, but with the current state of social distancing, creating video content from home may seem intimidating. However, with the right tools, tips, and tricks, creating compelling video content from home is easier than you think.
First off, it’s important to recognize the value of using video content in marketing. Videos are highly engaging and effective, as they allow you to create a story and capture attention quickly. They also give your company a personality and and helps build trust with your target audiences.
Here are some tips to help you get started creating video content from home:
1. Set a Goal – Before you start brainstorming ideas, set a goal for your video content. Understanding the type of message you want to send to your audience will help inform your story and allow you to create content that connects to a specific need or purpose.
2. Choose the Right Platform – There are a number of platforms to choose from for hosting or streaming your video content. Popular platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and Twitch all offer easy-to-use and shareable platforms. However, the platform you choose should depend on your audience size and your end goal.
3. Get the Right Equipment – You don’t need a ton of expensive equipment to produce quality video content. A camera, a computer and a microphone are the basic tools you need. Look into purchasing video editing software, such as Adobe Premiere Pro, so you can edit and craft a polished video.
4. Brainstorm Ideas – With your goal in mind, come up with ideas for your video content. Think about the topics you want to communicate, the format of the video, the length, and the visuals involved. Don’t forget to brainstorm creative titles and hooks to keep your audience engaged.
5. Rehearse & Practice – Once you have your concept and visuals, put it to the test by practicing and rehearsing. This will help you memorize lines, stay on track, and dynamically deliver your message to the camera.
6. Prepare Your Space – Pick a location that is both calming and provides good lighting for your video. Make sure you have enough space to set up your equipment and have the necessary materials to get the job done. Always check your background to make sure there’s nothing distracting behind you.
7. Edit and Finalize – Once you are happy with the footage, use your video editing software to edit and refine the video. Be sure to include titles and transitions, music, and other elements.
With some practice, planning, and the right equipment, you can create engaging and compelling video content from your home with ease. Remember to keep your message in mind and ensure that you’re creating videos that align with your brand and connect to your audience. In time, you will be a pro at creating compelling video content from the comfort of your own home!